Responsible for planning, organizing and controlling overall materials operations, including warehouse management inventory control and material transactions to production. Plans and monitors optimal space utilization and efficient inventory flow.
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with Company’s policies and vision
- Oversee logistics, inventory control and material handling
- Ensure inventory accuracy in MRP and lead periodic physical/cycle inventory counts
- Ensure optimal space utilization of warehouse including shipping and receiving.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Communicate, plan and execute with manufacturing and QC on continual improvement of material handling and issuing WO’s.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees
- Produce KPI reports and statistics regularly
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
- 7+ years of Proven work experience as a materials, inventory control and/or logistics manager
- Expertise in materials management including warehouse and logisctis management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with ERP/MRP including warehouse management software
- Leadership skills and ability manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
- Working knowledge of OSHA, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary